Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Playing with Texture

My in-laws were here visiting us the last week or so and while they were here I snapped this sweet picture of my mother-in-law right after she had put little Carter to sleep.  The drool was just starting to escape from his little mouth.  I don't like that my distracting shadow is showing in the background, but overall I like the image the way it is.
I still decided to try something new.  I thought the background was a little plain so I decided to jazz it up a bit with a fancy floral texture that I think suits her well, and give it a more timeless look that captures this sweet moment. 
What do you think?  Is it too much?  Do you like it?  Hate it?  Do you like the original better? 

6 comments:

Jenny September 8, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

aw. i love love love it!

p.s. did you get my message about your camera?

Heidi September 8, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

I love the texture in the background, but it is distracting on Carter and your mother-in-law. I would take an eraser (or if you are using layer masks, take a brush) and erase the pattern from on top of them. That will make them pop out from the background a little more as well. And now I have to know, of course, where you got the texture from in the first place :) Share, please!

the Wilcox Family September 9, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

You do great work! Scanning through your pics, I thought they were all fabulous! Tell the Tuitas congrats for me, too!

Jess'n'John September 21, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

she looks great. :-)

MyEbella aka Kim September 29, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE TEXTURE... it took a couple times looking at the picture to see the "texture" behind your MIL, maybe a touch strong there, but love the effect it gives the overall picture... GREAT JOB! and yes where did you get that texture!

Alycia September 30, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

Kim, thanks for your comment, compliment, and input! The texture came from Rita at coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.com. She has a few fun texture sets!

About Me

I am amazed at the impact pictures have had in my life. In something as simple as the click of a shutter I can have those precious moments in my life preserved forever. This has become even more important to me since I have been married and had children. I look back at pictures even a month ago and can't believe how much my children have grown. Imagine if I didn't have that to look back on, and see how far they've come. I will always treasure those times, and continue to capture more as I look toward the future.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP